About Me
Sunday, February 13, 2011
for Jeff, I couldn't resist.
lol. And only Jeff Hafner will understand that title. So after posting how VICTORIOUS AND FREE I have been I must confess. This weekend has been a struggle. Isn't that just like Satan? To say, ha! we'll see about that. It hasn't been all bad though. I had been fasting from all sugars and carbs that were simple, unless it was honey, or stevia and for the most part that is still what I plan on doing. Although I have begun to loosen my restrictions a bit. I did have 2 bites of Brian's Cheesecake at the Valentine Banquet. But I knew I just could NOT have the chocolate covered strawberries or I may have been covered in chocolate and passed out on the floor. Chocolate has been my "best friend" for far too long. I cannot invite it back into my life right now, or it would take over again. lol. i know. I am CRAZY. Just being really honest about how most of us girls REALLY feel about Chocolate. Anyway. I did enjoy one other thing this weekend that was sweet. My grandma makes homemade Coconut Cream Pie. And I love it. But I might get to taste her pie once a year if that. Today I was at my mom's and my grandma had just made one. It was warm and gooey. OH SWEET MERCY. So I prayed. And I actually felt peace about it. So I cut off a very small sliver. (HONESTLY!!!) And SAVORED every HEAVENLY warm, and delicious bite. And it was enough. I had some protein with it so that I didn't start the sugar crash and burn cycle that I lived on for all of my adult life. And I am ok with it. I don't know if I will get a piece of my grandma's pie again this year. Or ever. But today, I am fully convinced that the fruit on the tree of Life (that we WILL get to eat from-can I get an amen?) will taste like grandma's coconut cream pie. And maybe Chicken Parmesan. So there you have it Jeff. You knew there would be a post about it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Books Upon Which I Feed
- "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldredge
- "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan
- "Every Man's Battle" by Stephen Arterburn
- "Every Woman's Battle" by Shannon Ethridge
- "Fearless" by Max Lucado
- "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn
- "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young
- "Jesus Lives" by Sarah Young
- "Love & Respect" by Eggerichs
- "Made to Crave" by Lysa Turkherst
- "The Holy Bible"
- "The Source of My Strength" by Charles F. Stanley
- "Walking With God" by John Eldredge
- "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge
Blog Archive
Labels
- Here I go again. (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment