Amazed. Excited. Victorious. Free. All because a month ago today an acquaintance and I decided to go deeper. I had started reading "Made to Crave" and knew by the time I got past the introduction I had a problem. (CONVICTION HURTS!) And I also knew I didn't have the strength to do this alone. So I began praying. "God, help me to do this. Help me to WANT TO DO THIS! Because honestly, I DON'T WANT TO!!!!! Send me someone to walk through this journey with. To laugh, cry, and pray with." And He did. I praise you Jesus for taking a childhood friend-of a friend, and allowing us to do this together. It has been hard for both of us. But, oh the JOY. That comes from an undivided heart. From stripping away all other gods and clinging to Him alone.
One month ago today we followed Lysa's advice and stopped circling our mountain~of craving food more than God. The thing that we could not seem to get victory over in the past. I can't even begin to describe how hard this has been. I CRIED OVER SOFT PRETZELS YA'LL. MY BLOOD SUGAR WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! Yes, the first few weeks were terrible from the human standpoint. But there was an immediate strength we both felt in our spirits, an answered prayer for help from the the Lord~that when we didn't have the strength that He would carry us. And he did. It hasn't always been pretty. But we both knew we were on the right track.
In the beginning we were emailing each other several times a day. Crys for help. Prayers. Love. The interesting part was how He began using this book to show us how we had settled for less than "The Real Thing" in other areas too. This journey is not for the faint of heart dear sisters. But it is so WORTH IT. Because this issue with food and addictive eating behaviors is so much more than we could ever imagine. Think about it friends, what did Satan use to tempt Eve? Hello. Yummy FOOD! And over-and over- and over again in the Bible it warns about allowing food to be our god. Funny how I never realized how many times until I read this book. My eyes were veiled to the truth. We still have cravings for junk food and soda at times, but every day we feel a little more empowered and we do not ever want to go back into slavery.
WARNING!!!! I am going to make a bold statement here. I bet that most of us in our comfortable American culture share this issue. No matter what size we are. Someone does not need to be overweight to be unhealthy. So now I am going to ask, Would you do me a favor? Would you please pray about joining us in our journey north. I promise you won't regret it. Nothing. And I mean Nothing. Tastes as good as giving your undivided heart to Jesus feels. He is our Portion and our Strength. And I want you to experience it with us. And to my dear sweet Laura. YOU. ARE. A. GOD. SEND. Little did we know that day what we were getting into. But HE did, and he brought us together for all the right reasons. I love you gal. Keep walkin' North. Alyssa
About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Books Upon Which I Feed
- "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldredge
- "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan
- "Every Man's Battle" by Stephen Arterburn
- "Every Woman's Battle" by Shannon Ethridge
- "Fearless" by Max Lucado
- "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn
- "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young
- "Jesus Lives" by Sarah Young
- "Love & Respect" by Eggerichs
- "Made to Crave" by Lysa Turkherst
- "The Holy Bible"
- "The Source of My Strength" by Charles F. Stanley
- "Walking With God" by John Eldredge
- "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge
Blog Archive
Labels
- Here I go again. (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment