"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7: 24-25















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Faithful


"Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments.."




So, many of you know that I lost our cell phone and could not find it. I believe now that there was a reason. We have been having trouble with our car and were not driving it for fear that it was the transmission. Since I didn't have my cell I had not called to have it looked at yet. We did not know how we were going to afford to do this. So I parked the car and it sat there for a week. At which time I replaced my phone and was about to call to get it looked at when the big wind storm hit. A huge tree branch fell on my car and busted out the sunroof and put some pretty good dents in it. So guess what, Progressive Insurance just totaled our car which we own free and clear and now we are rid of the troublesome car and have a check for several thousand dollars to begin making some headway with our debt snowball. We are planning on purchasing a much cheaper vehicle aka a "Dave Car" ha ha then using the rest t0 build some momentum. I believe in the Providence of God. Do you?

3 comments:

Aron and Erica said...

ohhhh yeah!!!! I am sooooooooooo proud of you! Get some traction, baby, and wave goodbye to the debt! Slaves no more...that's what we keep telling ourselves!

Thank you, God, for a totalled car. Weird prayer, but I totally resonate. How about praying for our Civy?

Nahhh, I kid, I think we just have liability on it. But we would appreciate prayers that Civy makes it through the winter! We love our little "beater"!
ejk

Amber said...

That is wonderful!!!!!

merchant dorks said...

hey God is so good. by the way this is selena. i clicked over from am's blog. i have one now too. God does what we can't. love ya guys.

Books Upon Which I Feed

  • "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldredge
  • "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan
  • "Every Man's Battle" by Stephen Arterburn
  • "Every Woman's Battle" by Shannon Ethridge
  • "Fearless" by Max Lucado
  • "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn
  • "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young
  • "Jesus Lives" by Sarah Young
  • "Love & Respect" by Eggerichs
  • "Made to Crave" by Lysa Turkherst
  • "The Holy Bible"
  • "The Source of My Strength" by Charles F. Stanley
  • "Walking With God" by John Eldredge
  • "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge

Blog Archive

Labels