"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7: 24-25















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Another hard day

Today we decided after praying and asking for direction that we should tell our neighbor that we can not purchase the building that we want so badly. All OT has been cut and that leaves our budget almost undo able. But thanks be to God because he is making a way before us and fighting our battles for us. All we have to do is be obedient and follow him. So why is that so very difficult at times?
Tonight one of my children got upset and had a bad attitude after I would not buy a particular food item for them. Because it was name brand it cost 3.oo and they had a similar item for 1.00 (that of course was basically the same thing only not COOL). I was furious with my child and hurt because I had made a special point to stop and get them some things for their lunches and had not planned on doing that. So when I received this attitude that what I was trying to do for them wasn't good enough I got really upset.
But I couldn't help but think that just this morning I had done the same thing with God. I have been wanting to purchase that building so badly and got upset when I had to let it go. I cried. I really did. Because I wanted that building so much. There are times I think that God must get so angry with us just as I got angry with my child. We act like spoiled brats stamping our foot at God and saying BUT I WANT IT!!! How difficult it can be to overcome our own selfcenteredness at times. And I praise my God that He sent Jesus to me.
"Greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world. " aw

No comments:

Books Upon Which I Feed

  • "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldredge
  • "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan
  • "Every Man's Battle" by Stephen Arterburn
  • "Every Woman's Battle" by Shannon Ethridge
  • "Fearless" by Max Lucado
  • "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn
  • "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young
  • "Jesus Lives" by Sarah Young
  • "Love & Respect" by Eggerichs
  • "Made to Crave" by Lysa Turkherst
  • "The Holy Bible"
  • "The Source of My Strength" by Charles F. Stanley
  • "Walking With God" by John Eldredge
  • "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge

Blog Archive

Labels