"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7: 24-25















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Saturday, September 6, 2008

Too Much!!!!

So Eli and I have been doing a lot of talking today. Pretty Deep. But one thing that he said absolutely made me double over laughing. He was talking about how much he loved books. He said,"If I were president I would make sure that books were cheap and that there were no taxes on books." So I reply,"Eli, you don't have pretend when you are at school that you don't like books. " To which he replies,"Well mom, I just don't want to be that loner in the 8th grade that is always reading stupid books about dragons that doesn't talk to anybody. You know he has black hair, is short and chubby and no body likes him." I CRACKED UP. because....every class has that kid. Remember? And don't worry he knows he is not really like that kid. Just a witty comment by an extraordinary kid. aw

1 comment:

Aron and Erica said...

An authentic concern, Eli. Hilarious!
APK

Books Upon Which I Feed

  • "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldredge
  • "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan
  • "Every Man's Battle" by Stephen Arterburn
  • "Every Woman's Battle" by Shannon Ethridge
  • "Fearless" by Max Lucado
  • "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn
  • "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young
  • "Jesus Lives" by Sarah Young
  • "Love & Respect" by Eggerichs
  • "Made to Crave" by Lysa Turkherst
  • "The Holy Bible"
  • "The Source of My Strength" by Charles F. Stanley
  • "Walking With God" by John Eldredge
  • "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge

Blog Archive

Labels