"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7: 24-25















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Friday, January 28, 2011

What do You hook your happy to?

It has been such an interesting time here at the Woollard House.  CRAZY, but interesting.  God is leading and we are trying to follow, though imperfectly~we are trying.  Brian has been on third shift for about 3 weeks and it has been very difficult.  He is not sleeping well and is struggling with that on an hourly basis.  The rest of us have had to pretty much take the attitude, that life must go on.  Make our plans, do the best we can, and if dad can participate great, if not...well, that is ok too.  Not what we would choose-but ok.  Saying it is soo much easier than doing it. 
The first two weeks were really hard on me as far as getting used to sleeping alone.  I realized that I have really not slept alone "all night" for an extended period of time since my baby sister began sleeping with me when I was about 8 or 9. 
Bless her heart.  I did not like it so much then, but realize now that I do not like to sleep alone.  But God is so very faithful. 
Brian and I both feel that God is using this time to teach us how to be more completely HIS.  That is the lesson for us right now.  to live, breathe, and abide in HIM.  So now we sleep with our Bibles instead of each other, and ask God to hold us in His arms when we are missing the others.  And lean heavily upon our Savior to get us through each passing day.  It is hard, but it is beautiful.  I read once that God will sometimes strip away every comfort from our hearts in an attempt to pull us to himself so that He can be our comfort.  I think that this is a weaning process.  Just like we wean a child from their dependency upon us, God weans us from our dependencies in the world.  Whether person, place, or thing...until we are completely dependant upon Him.  If we will allow him.  He wants us to hook our happy to him.  To not allow the things of this world to creep in and steal our joy, peace, and love.  I do not always like how it feels to allow myself to be weaned from my dependency upon Brian, or Sugary Sweet Chocolate, or Diet Coke.  But I love the PEACE he gives when I bring it to him and ask him to be my everything.  Praying you will find the grace to do the same  tonight dear friends.  Of all the things we could do for God, he wants our hearts the most.   

No comments:

Books Upon Which I Feed

  • "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldredge
  • "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan
  • "Every Man's Battle" by Stephen Arterburn
  • "Every Woman's Battle" by Shannon Ethridge
  • "Fearless" by Max Lucado
  • "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn
  • "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young
  • "Jesus Lives" by Sarah Young
  • "Love & Respect" by Eggerichs
  • "Made to Crave" by Lysa Turkherst
  • "The Holy Bible"
  • "The Source of My Strength" by Charles F. Stanley
  • "Walking With God" by John Eldredge
  • "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge

Blog Archive

Labels