"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7: 24-25















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Monday, November 1, 2010

If I Had Ruby Slippers

If I had Ruby Slippers
Back Home Again I'd be
With Grandma's Fried Potatoes
And Grandpa Teasin' Me
Long Walks Out on the Ridge
Grandpa Fishin' in the Pond
I can almost Feel Beneath my Toes
The Freshly Tilled Up Sod
Yes, If I had Ruby Slippers
Back Home is Where I'd be
So, Please Dorothy if You Don't Mind
Could You Loan Them Out to Me?
written shortly after the farm sold by:  Alyssa Woollard

1 comment:

Aron and Erica said...

love this poem!

And loved getting to see your sweet family this weekend. You are all so precious. We love you!

Books Upon Which I Feed

  • "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldredge
  • "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan
  • "Every Man's Battle" by Stephen Arterburn
  • "Every Woman's Battle" by Shannon Ethridge
  • "Fearless" by Max Lucado
  • "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn
  • "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young
  • "Jesus Lives" by Sarah Young
  • "Love & Respect" by Eggerichs
  • "Made to Crave" by Lysa Turkherst
  • "The Holy Bible"
  • "The Source of My Strength" by Charles F. Stanley
  • "Walking With God" by John Eldredge
  • "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge

Blog Archive

Labels