i wanna be all you created me to be. i want to accept myself for who i am. expecting the most i can give without expecting things from myself that YOU do not dear Lord. felt much better today. actually got to enjoy some good company and some awesome SALSA made by a dear old friend, given by a very dear friend who was willing to share her portion. GOD BLESS YOU BOTH. It was like medicine to my soul. No one makes salsa like Emily Gift. Why is it that some foods feel like a great big hug from the person who made it. You know how some people just have that one certian recipe that feeds not only your body but also your soul???? Like....
- Grandma Kirk's homemade vanilla pudding, fried taters and brown beans?
- Grandma Howard's stuffing, and homemade noodles, and absolutely divine homemade cherry pie and Coconut Cream pie?
- Emily's salsa
- Karen Armstrong's homemade BROWNIES ummmh! Thank you Jesus!
- MY MOM'S TEXAS SHEET CAKE
- MY SISTER'S TUNA SALAD
- MY MOTHER IN LAW's FRIED CATFISH. thank you LORD.
CAN I GET A WITNESS?!?!?!!?! LOL
whew!!!! I'm all worked up. I just wish the sweet taste of my great grandma's cream pie's could once again grace my lips. I miss you grandma. And I miss your Cream pies too!!!!!
AMEN.
1 comment:
you sure are making me hungry, girl. so glad you enjoyed emily's gift...haha. bernie makes salsa and sends it home with belle..and oooh, it too is just like a big hug. hope you are crossing things off your list so you can leave in peace. praying for you..
erica
Post a Comment