"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7: 24-25















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Tuesday, March 15, 2011

SHE SPEAKS!!!!!!

"She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue."  Proverbs 31:26

Those of you who follow my blog know that I have felt the Lord leading me towards women's ministry for a while now.  If you are in my Small Group you know it has been a journey that I have been VERY reluctant to take.  But God is faithful.  And thankfully ~extremely patient.  So I have decided to begin this journey into the unknown with a LEAP OF FAITH.  No better way to start than by DIVING IN!  Right? And I think the best way to explain this "LEAP" is to copy a letter provided by Proverbs 31 Ministries.   The following is an exerpt from that letter.  Explaining the "She Speaks" conference that I... registered for today!!!!!

The She Speaks Conference is a life-changing conference for women seeking to step out in the passion God has placed on their heart. Hosted by Proverbs 31 Ministries (501(c)3), She Speaks encourages and equips women to make the most of their messages, communicating God's Word.  There are three different tracks that a woman may choose from.  I chose the following: 




She Leads: (Women's Ministry Track) This track is specifically designed for women's ministry directors and facilitators. Included are creative ways to reach her community with the life-transforming hope of Jesus,organize small groups, select a team of volunteers, plan successful events, and network with other directors.


The Lord has laid it on my heart to attend She Speaks in July 2011. My first step is to raise funds. Will you prayfully consider partnering with me through a financial contribution towards a scholarship?


As you feel led to join me in this exciting call, there are two ways to participate. Call Proverbs 31 Ministries at 877-731-4663 to contribute by credit card; or send a check payable to Proverbs 31 Ministries to:

 
Proverbs 31 Ministries


She Speaks Scholarship/Your name {i.e. scholarship recipient}


616-G Matthews-Mint Hill Road


Matthews, NC 28105


Please be sure to designate the scholarship in my name in order to credit my scholarship fund. You will be receipted for your tax-deductible donation. For more information: http://www.shespeaksconference.com/.


Thank you for your prayers and support. All registration dues must be paid in full by June 1, 2011.
 
And so there it is.  If you feel led to help me get to North Carolina in July, I would greatly appreciate it.  If you feel led to pray.  PLEASE DO!  Thanks to everyone who has been such an encouragement to me.  I can't wait to see what GOD is going to do through this-jar of clay,  By his Spirit. and through his people.  I am praying that God will move in the women of GCC and that we will grow in relationship with him and each other in the very near future.http://shespeaksconference.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! I was hopeful this was the Leap!!! I am so excited for you!!! I can't wait to hear what you learn!

Unknown said...

You should come with!!!!!!;)

RJ Ballmeyer Photography said...

Awesome, Alyssa!

Books Upon Which I Feed

  • "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldredge
  • "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan
  • "Every Man's Battle" by Stephen Arterburn
  • "Every Woman's Battle" by Shannon Ethridge
  • "Fearless" by Max Lucado
  • "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn
  • "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young
  • "Jesus Lives" by Sarah Young
  • "Love & Respect" by Eggerichs
  • "Made to Crave" by Lysa Turkherst
  • "The Holy Bible"
  • "The Source of My Strength" by Charles F. Stanley
  • "Walking With God" by John Eldredge
  • "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge

Blog Archive

Labels