If you know me well you know that my hair style and color changes almost as often as some people change their underwear. Some styles and colors are more of a success than others. I often wish that I could just stop the insanity. But as my mood goes so does my hair, and vice versa. I fantasize about getting to go to IDENTITY salon and having them pick out the most absolutely perfect color for me and once and for all KNOWING what color I should dye my very very grey hair. Funny-
another thing that I used to get teased about alot was how often I would change the paint colors in my house. I have slowed down on that one. ALOT. too much work. and time.
But we have been working on Luke's bedroom and it is starting to look pretty good. After living here almost 5 years we finally are starting to finish putting up the wood trim in the upstairs bedrooms. And re painting most of them. I love the smell of a clean freshly painted room. I love the new beginnings. How fresh and clean everything feels. It is therapeutic for me.
Next is the bathrooms and our bedroom. which ever one Brian isn't sleeping in at the time I am ready to work. Anyway~I can't wait. Also found out they are going to be tearing down the terrible eye sore of a bldg that sits basically in our yard (but doesn't belong to us). That can't happen soon enough either. So I am looking to some much needed face lifts around here and praying for renewal in my heart as well. Maybe someday soon my husband can get back on a regular shift again and we can feel like a real family again. Maybe the exhaustion, frustration, and loneliness will soon pass and we can once again start over. Even though that is what we try to do, everyday. So. Here is to new beginnings...whether it's a new hairdo, or an extreme home makeover. or maybe the best of all, when new life springs forth in our hearts and we dare to dream again. Until then may we rest in the arms of the only one who never disappoints. MY JESUS. What would I do without you. Prayers to you today and God Bless. Alyssa
About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Books Upon Which I Feed
- "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldredge
- "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan
- "Every Man's Battle" by Stephen Arterburn
- "Every Woman's Battle" by Shannon Ethridge
- "Fearless" by Max Lucado
- "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn
- "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young
- "Jesus Lives" by Sarah Young
- "Love & Respect" by Eggerichs
- "Made to Crave" by Lysa Turkherst
- "The Holy Bible"
- "The Source of My Strength" by Charles F. Stanley
- "Walking With God" by John Eldredge
- "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge
Blog Archive
Labels
- Here I go again. (1)
2 comments:
I can relate to a couple of things you have shared recently in your posts. i have a hubby who is working crazy hours too (although he is usually home by 9:30 or 10pm each night). I still often feel like a single mom out there doing all the running, the daily homework, cooking, cleaning, bathing, referee-ing, tucking in at night. It gets exhausting. I feel for you and can deeply sympathize with what you are going through. Thankfully, I can keep the perspective that this is just a season in life.
I also feel that because of this current season, the Enemy knows where my weaknesses are and where I am running thin. I often feel like I am just barely keeping my head above water...and then for the moments that I feel I am pressing on and going strong, something happens with the kids that just completely sets me off and I snap, become worst mother of the year, lose my patience and feel like I've failed once again. Trying to allow God to help me with patience, anger and grace. It's at least once or twice a week that me and at least one of my kids have to have the heart to heart prayers and apology sessions. This life is hard! I am a messy work in progress...but thankfully I have a very very patient and loving and merciful teacher who is in the business of making people and things all brand new. Praise Him for that!
Hang in there..I love your heart and passion for Jesus. It is so evident that He is carrying you through. You are truly beautiful from the inside out.
And bravo for you for switching up the hair. I'm boring...wish I had the "guts" to do that! :)
Can't wait to see the new you. LOL I'm following your blog. Would love to have you follow me too. See you at Kids Stuff!
Lovinglearningathome.blogspot.com
Post a Comment