"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7: 24-25















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing BABY!

Many of you may remember being in Jr. Church as a child and someone shouting, "Attitude check" to which the group would respond, "Praise the Lord".  I had not thought of that in years.  But today that is exactly what I needed to remember.  I had taken my eyes off of Him and began focusing on self.  And my attitude was suffering for it.  So through repentant tears I cry out.  I am sorry Lord.  IT IS NOT ABOUT ME!  I know that, and yet the self sneaks in and dares to try to steal what has been gained through Christ sacrifice.  To follow Christ we are told that we must deny ourselves. take up our cross daily and follow him.  What does that really mean?  I think it means exactly what it says.  Quite literally.  Deny yourself.  OF WHAT?  Of anything that pulls your focus from Him.  It could be a relationship that you think is going to change everything.  It could be materialism.  It could be that brownie that makes you feel so good in one moment yet so defeated in the next.  It can be anything and everything that sits in His place in your life.  Do not be fooled.  Just because we are not carrying around a golden calf and bowing to it doesn't mean that we do not have our idols.  I have come to realize over the last year and after reading Made to Crave that the biggest idols in my life were my husband, love of self, sugary sweets, diet sodas, junk food, and materialism.  I have to be on guard against these things.  Not that they do not have their place in my life.  OBVIOUSLY they do.  But if I come to depend upon any of them as my fix to make me feel better, I just committed idolatry.  These are all empty wells and only Christ can truly satisfy. So to borrow from a dear friend...There Ain't Nothin' Like the Real Thing BABY! To depend on Him-to live through Him....that is what REAL living is all about! "Ain't nothing like the real thing BABY" is going to be my new motto. NO imitation god's in this temple ...just the REAL stuff. God is getting me there. No artificial excuses....honesty at heart. working on that too! No artificial saviors...just the REAL one Baby....to depend on Him as a baby...completely, honestly, innocently. Praise God He is taking us there! His love AMAZES me!  And if we will allow Him to do this work in us He will make us STRONGER than we ever imagined. Praying you will allow him to lead you there today.  If you want to hear Mandisa's new single STRONGER click on the link below.  God Bless.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rootmusic.com%2Fs%2Fmandisaofficial&h=7b509

No comments:

Books Upon Which I Feed

  • "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldredge
  • "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan
  • "Every Man's Battle" by Stephen Arterburn
  • "Every Woman's Battle" by Shannon Ethridge
  • "Fearless" by Max Lucado
  • "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn
  • "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young
  • "Jesus Lives" by Sarah Young
  • "Love & Respect" by Eggerichs
  • "Made to Crave" by Lysa Turkherst
  • "The Holy Bible"
  • "The Source of My Strength" by Charles F. Stanley
  • "Walking With God" by John Eldredge
  • "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge

Blog Archive

Labels