I am confessing my sins this morning. I have major issues. This morning I got the kids off to school and then went back to bed. (strike 1) Then when I did get up I sat on my bum and watched an hour of TV. (strike 2) Then I rallied myself and went up to the $ store and got some diet coke and chocolate so I could face the day. (strike 3) WOW. I haven't exercised or eaten right in a long time. I am outta control. I even told the cashier as I was sucking down my diet coke (because I couldn't wait till I got into the parking lot to open it), "Yea, my diet coke and chocolate are like some people's beer and cigarette's." To which we both laughed. The cashier responded,"Well, we all have something."
It's true. We all do, don't we. For some it is coffee, or alcohol, cocaine, food, whatever. Why is it so difficult? Why do our physical selves war against our souls? How do people overcome such addictions? Are these addictions that seem harmless (coffee, diet coke, chocolate, food) really harmless. I am afraid we are all hopelessly flawed. And the only hope we have is the blood of Christ. I just pray that his grace is sufficient for me. I know that I am in no way good enough but praise God His sacrifice is!!!!!!!
About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Books Upon Which I Feed
- "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldredge
- "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan
- "Every Man's Battle" by Stephen Arterburn
- "Every Woman's Battle" by Shannon Ethridge
- "Fearless" by Max Lucado
- "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn
- "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young
- "Jesus Lives" by Sarah Young
- "Love & Respect" by Eggerichs
- "Made to Crave" by Lysa Turkherst
- "The Holy Bible"
- "The Source of My Strength" by Charles F. Stanley
- "Walking With God" by John Eldredge
- "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge
Blog Archive
Labels
- Here I go again. (1)
1 comment:
I feel you. Although, I would say that there's a good chance your hormones are playing a tiny piece in the chocolate withdrawl. Can't help you with the diet coke addiction, though. Its the secret ingredient - whatever that might be.
I like how you said "I fear we are all hopelessly flawed."
That at least gives us a starting point. And reason to have much grace with one another. I need that reminder - in many ways.
love you
erica
Post a Comment