"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7: 24-25















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Reflections

Thinking back on who I am
The road I've traveled
The life I am.
Wondering ...
Will my journey
Leave in it's wake
A legacy worth telling?
What difference will it make?
I have been alot of people.
Sometimes strong.
Sometimes feeble.
I do not always understand
the heart that beats within me.
All I know is that deep within
I'm always hoping,
Always dreaming.
Seeking HIM
sometimes wholly, sometimes weakly.
Hoping those who share with me the sunset of my life
Will see it's seasons and know...
that THROUGH HIM
I breathed in the sunrise with unspeakable praise,
Basked in the sunlight of joyful days,
Danced in the twilight for all of His Ways,
Sought out comfort and warmth through wintery stays
Then finally with thankful heart
Laid down to rest in starlight so fine ...
My life for my Savior's and His for mine. aw

2 comments:

Aron and Erica said...

breathtaking - honestly. Its beautiful. You should write more often.

& I tried to vote on the poll, but my vote isn't showing up...I dunno why?!? Maybe you just added it and I'm trying to vote right on top of you working on it? I'll try again later!
Love you, sis
erica

Aron and Erica said...

Oh...my vote showed up, I guess I wasn't patient enough. But now you know my vote. Honestly, though, I tried to pick more than one, but it wouldn't let me. I love every season of your hair color, just like I love every season of YOU!

I loved the stay at home mom of toddlers who blew my mind with her craftiness and creativity.

I loved the entrepraneur who started her own business and made the best darn candles ever!

I loved the provider mom who went to work while times were tight, and did it with a smile on her face all the while feeling the call of homemaking!

I loved the homeschool teacher who followed what God was calling her to do for her children and her husband. Who gave up a prominent role in the school and community - who didn't care what others would say about her decision, because she knew what she had to do. Who layed down dreams of college and a career for the sake of relationships and obedience.

And I Love the adult college student who is bravely entering a world of 20-somethings and a trecherous nursing program to make a way for her family to have the best life she can give them.

So to make a simple question about hair very deep and sappy...there ya go. Leave it to me.
erica

Books Upon Which I Feed

  • "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldredge
  • "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan
  • "Every Man's Battle" by Stephen Arterburn
  • "Every Woman's Battle" by Shannon Ethridge
  • "Fearless" by Max Lucado
  • "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn
  • "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young
  • "Jesus Lives" by Sarah Young
  • "Love & Respect" by Eggerichs
  • "Made to Crave" by Lysa Turkherst
  • "The Holy Bible"
  • "The Source of My Strength" by Charles F. Stanley
  • "Walking With God" by John Eldredge
  • "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge

Blog Archive

Labels